WHAT IS ON YOUR RESOLUTION LIST?
According to the research firm Nielsen, “staying fit and healthy” is our top resolution in America. At Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, we value health and well being of everyone as our number one objective.
So whatever you new year resolution is, we are here to help you with that. Through Tribal Health Services and the Pequot Healthcare, we have many resources available for you if you are part of our health plan community.
- We offer nutrition counseling to Native Americans through a registered dietitian at the THS as a part of the New You 2018 program. Call 860-312-8000 for more details.
- For employees, we offer healthy menu at the Foxwoods Cafe that include vegan, vegetarian and mindful options. Our world class chefs are masters at tasty, nutritious foods.
- We offer Weight Watchers program to our members.
- We offer wellness coaching program at Foxwoods Resort Casino– Call 1-800-352-5071.
- To keep you moving and strong, we offer gym membership benefit. Please join selected local fitness facilities for just $4.00 per week fee that will be paid by you via payroll deduction.
- To help you quit smoking, we offer selected prescription medications at no additional cost. You will find good support to quit at Uncas Health District by calling Connie, Program Coordinator at 860-823-1189 x122. You can also call clinic facilitator Joanne Hunt at 860-889-8331 x6820 for the Backus Hospital Freedom From Smoking Program.
- If you want to do it yourself, you can use 1-800 QUIT-NOW phone line. Or there is an app for smoking cessation- check out Quit Guide, and many more.
- If you are under stress, feel anxious or angry, sad, or just blah, try out many of the apps available for mindfulness. I like Calm, or you may check out Headspace. Get in the habit of building your mental stamina by practicing meditation using such apps on a daily basis. You may also want to check out the wonderful mind-body treatment packages available at The Spa at Norwich Inn. While some find golfing stressful, most people love this outdoor sport in beautiful nature and find it very relaxing. You can try it out at the awesome Lake of Isles.
Whatever your new year resolution is, it is best done with the help, support, and company of family, friends, or colleagues. Be present for yourself and for people around you. Together, we will be better.